Although greater NYC, Northeastern US area offers a wide variety of educational options, we understand that some families may require support for the boarding school process as well. At EEC, we are fully equipped to help students manage the increased admission demands and expectation of independence required for boarding school candidates, at junior, secondary and post graduate entry points alike. While our work is very student-centered at this entry point, engagement with parents is equally integral to the success of our placement collaboration, as there are a wide range of residential schools from which to choose across the country.
Each of our programs begins with a 15-minute call.
During this call, we hear from you and match our services to your needs. We can get started right away, or on your own timeline.
What services do we provide?
- Pre-Application Skill Building: Schools will ask, “what are your strengths? What is a challenge you have overcome and how did you overcome it? Who are you and explain your fit to our school.” Randi Dumont works with students to develop an understanding of themselves.
- Best-fit School List Creation: We meet with your child to understand where they are developmentally and gain insight into their learning style. We also meet with parents to understand your educational goals for your child and create a wishlist for your child’s future school. From there, we use our resources and expertise on schools to determine a list of schools that will be the best fit for your child and family.
- Mindprint Learning Assessment: During this self-paced assessment, developed by Penn Medicine with a grant from the NIH, students go through a series of game-like tasks that measure the 10 cognitive skills that are predictors of academic success. Afterward, parents will debrief the results with the Head of Tutor Services and discuss a plan for support (typically, standardized test preparation) moving forward.
- Save Time and Inefficiencies: Through our customized system, we provide you with a proprietary organizational tool to catalog all your school requirements, events, and deadlines to ensure you stay on track throughout the process and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Parent Application Materials: We provide guidance on parent application materials to help you highlight your child and family’s strengths, as well as speak authentically about challenges your child faces as a learner. We provide editing assistance to ensure your writing pieces are polished and ready for school review.
- Parent and Child Interview Preparation: We prepare parents for the interview portion of the application process to ensure you are prepared. In addition, we also work with and prepare children to meet with school admissions staff, whether the process is online or in-person.
- Collaboration with Schools: We work closely with admissions directors at many schools to deeply understand admission requirements and advocate for your child throughout the process.
- School Offers: We will work closely with you as you make decisions to be certain you are choosing the right school for your child for several years to come.
- Streamlining Additional Services: If your child could benefit from tutoring, standardized test preparation or you have an additional parenting need, Evolved Education Company can streamline the process for you and connect you with one of our experienced tutors or advisors.
What are the service options available?
- Student Evaluation, School Information, and Strategy
- Reviewing and Completing Applications
- Customize Your Support
- Full Process, Full Year
- Avon Old Farms School
- Berkshire School
- Blair Academy
- Canterbury School
- Cardigan Mountain School (jr boarding)
- Choate Rosemary Hall
- Cushing Academy (jr boarding)
- Deerfield Academy
- Episcopal High School
- Georgetown Preparatory School
- Groton School
- Kent School
- Lawrenceville School
- Loomis Chaffee School
- Marvelwood School
- Milbrook School
- Middlesex School
- Miss Hall’s School
- Miss Porter’s School
- Peddie School
- Phillips Academy (Andover)
- Phillips Exeter Academy
- Pomfret School
- The Hotchkiss School
- Salisbury School
- St. George’s School
- St. Paul’s School
- The Taft School
- Trinity-Pawling School
- Westminster School